For those of you who think you will be chained to a desk all day long and lapse slowly into a sedentary lifestyle, take heed. According to my handy fitness tool, it is not uncommon to easily rack up four miles on a typical day at the office. How does it happen?
Let me count some of the ways:
- Running to the parking lot to fetch something your boss left in his car;
- Running memos around to different lawyers in the office;
- Fetching items off the printer and taking them to A. Big Shot Attorney;
- Going on a 3:00 coffee run for your team; and
- Fitting in conversations while pacing the halls because A. Big Shot Attorney said: “Walk with me.”